Sunday, August 18, 2013

Situations Vacant

Posted 24/07/13

We have vacancies for Councillors throughout the Waitaki District. My idea of the perfect candidate would be someone who is community-minded, is practical and pragmatic, has some financial sense and is keen to see the district move ahead! Others may have different opinions of course.

With at least 4 positions vacant and all positions up for election, it's a great opportunity to stand up and be counted!

Can you fit it around your current job/business? If elected, I'm going to push hard to get meetings moved to later in the day so most council business would be outside normal work hours. I'll need help to get that over the line though, so if you're keen or know someone who is, get their nomination in!

Councillor salaries are around $20,000 which is more than it used to be but a good councillor should be worth it. If anyone would like to discuss the role and my perception of it, feel free to message me or phone me on 434 5057 or 021 463546 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting REE  end_of_the The district deserves a great team to get it pumping!




No comments:

Post a Comment